Department of Public Safety Mission
The Department of Public Safety at Truman State University will provide a safe, secure, and orderly learning and living environment for students, faculty, staff and visitors and establish a partnership with the University community to protect life, property, and the rights and dignity of all individuals.
- Establish a cohesive and supportive work environment; one that encourages innovation with an emphasis on quality customer service.
- To become a benchmark for quality police service through training and leadership development.
- Provide a safe environment which encourages learning.
- Develop public awareness, support and involvement in our community policing efforts.
- To become an integral part of the University community; a department that is widely respected and trusted.
- Achieve voluntary compliance with rules, regulations and law through equal application of enforcement.
- Maintain a commitment to excellence and integrity.