Parking Permit/Decal Registration for Students
Fall 2017 Parking Permit requests can be submitted after July 4, 2017.
Parking permits for Fall 2017 will be placed in your Residence Hall check-in packet.
Fall 2017 Parking Permits will be available beginning August 1st.(Are you a faculty or staff member? See Parking Permit/Decal Registration for Faculty/Staff).
How to Register for Student Parking Permit/Decal
Vehicle registrations for a parking permit/decal for students are to be completed online via your TruView Account. Parking permits are current through the academic year of issue (i.e., Sept. 1, 2017 – Aug. 31, 2018).
Application for parking permits can be made by logging on to your “TruView” account. In the lower right-hand corner of your home page, go to Update and View Personal Information, select Register My Vehicle, and follow the steps as directed.
License Plate Required
- Please update your Truman State University address, telephone information, your vehicle – specifically the license plate information.
- Students may pick up parking permits from Parking Services, Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. During peak registration times (i.e., beginning of fall semester), please allow 2-3 business days for processing of your parking permit request. Your parking permit will be available at Parking Services within the Department of Public Safety during the hours listed above. The Department of Public Safety is located in the General Services Building at the southeast corner of Patterson & Franklin Streets — enter at the door under the drive-thru canopy on the west side of the building.
EXTENDED PARKING SERVICES HOURS:
10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday, August 19th & 20th, 2017
Cost of Parking Permits/Decals
(Sept. 1, 2017 -Aug. 31, 2018)
|• Resident & Commuter Parking Permits-Full Year||$130|
|• Spring Semester (beginning Jan. 1, 2018)||$75|
|• Summer Semester ONLY (beginning May 31, 2018)||$50|
|• Park & Save Parking Permits Full Year (specific lots)||$50|
|• Motorcycle Parking Decals||$25|
|• Non-Truman Students (ATSU, MACC & TLC)||$50|
Student Parking Permits/Decals (Resident & Commuter)
1. RESIDENT — Students residing on campus in Truman State University housing are issued GREEN Resident parking permits. If a student’s residency changes, the resident decal must be removed and returned to Parking Services prior to an off-campus or commuter decal being issued. Green Resident lots are strictly for the use of residence hall and apartment housing occupants. Parking in these lots is enforced 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
2. COMMUTER — Students commuting or living off-campus will be issued BLUE Commuter parking permits. If a student’s residency changes, the commuter decal must be removed and returned to Parking Services prior to a resident decal being issued. The Blue Commuter lots are enforced 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
3. PARK & SAVE — This GOLD parking permit is available at a considerable savings – $50. The Gold Park & Save parking permit is allowed to park in ONLY two parking lots located at the south end of campus. Those two lots are Stokes Stadium parking lot and the parking lotnNorth of the tennis courts just off Florence Street. Individuals who purchase a GOLD parking permit may upgrade to a resident or commuter parking permit (dependent on residency per the guidelines listed above). The GOLD decal would need to be removed from the vehicle and returned to Parking Services and the difference of $80.00 will be assessed during the Fall semester. The upgrade price will be prorated as indicated by the schedule listed.
For More Information
Contact Mollie Corrick
Parking Services Secretary
Parking Services Hours: 8 a.m.-2:30 p.m., Mon.-Fri.