Parking Permit/Decal Registration for Students
The State of Missouri is issuing NEW LICENSE plates.
Please call 660.785.7400 to update your license plates. Thank you!
NEW REQUIREMENT: Your Truman University ID WILL BE Required to pick-up you 2019-20 Parking Decal
How to Register for Student Parking Permit/Decal
Vehicle registrations for a parking permit/decal for students are to be completed online via your TruView Account. Parking permits are current through the academic year of issue (i.e., Sept. 1 – Aug. 31).
Application for parking permits can be made by logging on to your “TruView” account. In the lower right-hand corner of your home page, go to Update and View My Personal Information, select Register Your Vehicle/Bicycle, and follow the steps as directed.
License Plate Required
- Please update your Truman State University address, telephone information, your vehicle – specifically the license plate information.
- Students may pick up parking permits from Parking Services, Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. During peak registration times (i.e., beginning of fall semester), please allow 2-3 business days for processing of your parking permit request. Your parking permit will be available at Parking Services within the Department of Public Safety during the hours listed above. The Department of Public Safety is located in the General Services Building at the southeast corner of Patterson & Franklin Streets — enter at the door under the drive-thru canopy on the west side of the building.
|• Resident & Commuter Parking Permit-FULL YEAR (Sept. 1-Aug. 31)||$130|
|• Spring Semester (beginning January 1)||$75|
|• Summer Semester ONLY (beginning May 15)||$50|
|• Park & Save Parking Permits Full Year (specific lots)||$50|
|• Motorcycle Parking Decals||$25|
|• Non-Truman Students (ATSU, MACC & TLC)||$50|
Student Parking Permits/Decals (Resident & Commuter)
1. RESIDENT — Students residing on campus in Truman State University housing are issued GREEN Resident parking permits. If a student’s residency changes, the resident decal must be removed and returned to Parking Services prior to an off-campus or commuter decal being issued. Green Resident lots are strictly for the use of residence hall and apartment housing occupants. Parking in these lots is enforced 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
2. COMMUTER — Students commuting or living off-campus will be issued BLUE Commuter parking permits. If a student’s residency changes, the commuter decal must be removed and returned to Parking Services prior to a resident decal being issued. The Blue Commuter lots are enforced 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
3. PARK & SAVE — This GOLD parking permit is available at a considerable savings – $50. The Gold Park & Save parking permit is allowed to park in ONLY two parking lots located at the south end of campus. Those two lots are Stokes Stadium parking lot and the parking lot North of the tennis courts just off Florence Street. Individuals who purchase a GOLD parking permit may upgrade to a resident or commuter parking permit (dependent on residency per the guidelines listed above). The GOLD decal would need to be removed from the vehicle and returned to Parking Services and the difference of $80.00 will be assessed during the Fall semester. The upgrade price will be prorated as indicated by the schedule listed.
For More Information
Contact Joyce Cook, Parking Services & Fleet Manager
Parking Services Hours: 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Mon.-Fri.