Bicycle Registration & Rules
Bicycle registration is free of charge, and bikes do not need to be re-registered if the ownership of the bike does not change. Bicycle registration decals are to be adhered to the bicycle frame seat tube approximately four inches below the seat.
To register your bicycle:
- In TruView go to Tools > Everyday Tools > Truman Tab Tool.
- Under the Update My Personal Information section, click on Register Your Vehicle/Bicycle.
- Complete the information, specifically the serial number.
- After your registration has been completed, you will receive an email when your Bike Registration Permit Number has been assigned.
- You will need to go to DPS during Parking Services Hours (Mon.-Fri., 8 a.m. -4:30 p.m.) to pick up your bike permit.
Bike Rules & Regulations
Bicycles parked on the Truman campus must be left in bicycle racks which are provided in convenient locations. Bicycles are NOT to be left in buildings, entrances, ramps or any other hazardous locations.
Bicycles that are illegally parked are subject to parking tickets and/or confiscation by the Department of Public Safety at Truman State University.