University Fleet Vehicle Reservations
Reservations for use within the current fiscal year (July 1 through June 30) may be made online. Vehicle reservations being made with less than a week notice should be made by telephone (x4177). After receipt of a vehicle request, a confirmation will sent for final approval. The request is considered complete when the Vehicle—Confirmation of Reservation has been signed by the appropriate persons and the original (white) returned to Public Safety.
Reservations may be made by:
Any full-time employee representing a University account with adequate funds for authorized University expenditure may request use of available fleet vehicles to conduct University business. The division, department or unit head administering the budget to be charged must authorize the request and is totally responsible for all reservations.
- It is the responsibility of the employee initiating vehicle use arrangements with Public Safety to:
- Know and understand the University’s policy for use of vehicles.
- Advise all drivers regarding job assignments and vehicle use.
BEFORE making the request, please determine:
- Type of vehicle needed; who will drive.
- Desired departure and return dates and times
- Budget to which mileage is to be charged
- If requesting a full size van, driver-training requirements must have been fulfilled.
Public Safety will send confirmations for travel requests received five or more days in advance:
- Two copies will be sent to the administrator of the budget to which the mileage fee is to be charged. The return of one confirmation copy, signed by the appropriate administrator, constitutes completion of the scheduling.
- A third copy will be sent to the driver or requesting employee by the division or department after signed approval.
If vehicles are unavailable, the request will be placed on a waiting list.