What would you do in an emergency? Truman provides information about how to respond to a variety of emergency situations that could occur on campus.
- Active Shooter/Hostile Intruder | Active Shooter Preparedness [VIDEO]
- Severe Weather
- Bomb Threat
- Power Outage
- Medical Emergencies
Emergency Procedures PDF CHINESE - Emergency Procedures PDF CHINESE - Detailed Emergency Procedures PDF
The Emergency Guide for Academic Buildings provides information on how to handle various emergency situations — elevator failure, threat of violence, fire, bomb threats, medical emergencies, hazardous materials incident, thunderstorms, and more.
- Academic Buildings: Emergency Guide
- Academic Buildings: Emergency Coordinators
- Academic Building Directories/Floor Plans:
During a campus emergency, Truman State University will distribute information to the campus community using the following methods:
- alerts on campus computer work stations and digital signage
- audible warning system
- TruAlert Website
During a campus emergency, information will be posted on the TruAlert website.
Go to TruAlert website>
- TruAlert Text Messaging Service
Truman students, faculty and staff can sign up for this emergency messaging service. TruAlert sends a text message to all enrolled cell phones in the event of an emergency at the University.
Learn more about TruAlert Messaging Service>
Emergency Info Center Public Safety Website Contact Public Safety