Truman State University Police Department Online Police Reporting System
If this is an Emergency please call 911. Using this online citizen police report system allows you to submit a report immediately.
Online reporting is an efficient way for our community to conveniently file police reports from home, work, or anywhere with Internet access.
Please confirm the following to find out if online police report filing is right for you:
This is not an Emergency
The online reporting system is intended for non-emergency incidents in which the suspect is not known. So, if you or someone else saw who did this, or any person, animal, or property is in immediate danger call 9-1-1 immediately!
This incident occurred on the campus of Truman State University
If a crime took place off-campus, please call the Kirksville Police Department. Please call 660-665-5621 and ask to speak with a Kirksville Police Officer to file a report.
You can file online if the incident meets the criteria of a crime listed below:
- There are no known suspects (description and/or name) or suspect vehicle descriptions (tag numbers).
- There is no physical evidence for our officers to collect or process.
- The incident is not regarding the theft or loss of an ID and/or identification documents (passports, consular ID) issued by foreign governments.
- The theft of a firearm is not involved.
- The theft or loss of a prescription medication is not involved.
- The theft OF a motor vehicle is not involved.
For the incidents listed below, you MUST CALL 660-665-5621 to file your report.
- Violent Crime (personal assault, assault resulting in injuries or hospitalization, kidnapping, robbery)
- Hate Crime (a crime motivated by the offender’s bias)
- Sex Crime (rape or sexual assault)
- Missing Person
- Stolen Vehicle (theft of a vehicle, trailer, motorcycle)
- Domestic Violence – This is defined as an assault committed against any of the following victims: current or former spouse, a family member by blood or marriage, a person whom the offender lives or previously lived with, a person whom the offender has or had a dating or romantic relationship, or a person whom the offender has a child with.
- Traffic Accidents involving serious injuries, Driving While Intoxicated, or unlicensed drivers unless all parties have left the scene
For questions, please call 660-665-5621 and ask to speak with a Truman Police Officer. Please note that filing a false police report is a crime.
Upon completion of this report process you will:
- You will see the words: “Thank you for submitting your report.” showing that your police report is complete.
- Once the report is reviewed, you will be contacted by an officer within 24 hours and given an official police report number for your records.
All cases filed using the Online Reporting Tool will be reviewed to determine if further investigation is warranted.
- Truman State University Police Department will not pursue charges without speaking with you first.
The following forms are available for online reporting: