Department of Public Safety—Parking Services
STUDENTS: Parking Permit/Decal Registration
The State of Missouri is issuing NEW LICENSE plates.
Please call 660.785.7400 to update your license plates. Thank you!
- You must present your Truman ID when you pick up your Parking Decal.
- Registration for Parking Decals for Fall 2022 will begin July 5, 2022.*
*Freshman parking decals will be included in the Residence Hall check-in packet if the registration form is completed prior to Friday, Aug. 5, 2022. Late registrations, commuter, and upperclassmen parking decals will be processed and distributed from the Department of Public Safety’s Parking Services Office located in General Services Building (GS 100). If you have questions or problems getting your parking decal during Truman Week, the Parking Services Office will have special hours on:
- Wed., Aug. 17 (Freshman Move-In Day):
8 a.m. -5 p.m.
- Sat. and Sun., Aug 20 and 21:
10 a.m.-4 p.m.
How to Register for Student Parking Decal
Parking decals are current through the academic year of issue (i.e., Sept. 1 – Aug. 31). Your student account will be charged when a parking decal is assigned to your vehicle.
- Application for your parking decal can be made by logging on to your TruView account.
- Go to Tools > Everyday Tools > Truman Tab Tool.
- Click on Register Your Vehicle/Bicycle.
- Click on Register My Vehicle.
- Follow the steps as indicated (DO NOT put spaces or characters in the license plate field).
License Plate and Local Address Required
- Please update your Truman State University address, telephone information, your vehicle – specifically the license plate information.
Where do I pick up my decal?
- Students may pick up parking decal from Parking Services, Monday – Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. An email will be sent when your vehicle registration has been assigned a parking decal. During peak registration times (i.e., beginning of fall semester), please allow 1-2 business days for processing of your parking decal request. Your parking decal will be available at Parking Services within the Department of Public Safety during the hours listed above. The Department of Public Safety is located in the General Services Building at the southeast corner of Patterson and Franklin Streets — enter at the door under the drive-thru canopy on the west side of the building.
Parking Decal Fees
|• Resident & Commuter Parking Decal-FULL YEAR (Sept. 1-Aug. 31)||$130|
|• Spring Semester (beginning January 1)||$75|
|• Summer Semester ONLY (beginning May 15)||$50|
|• Park and Save Parking Permits Full Year (specific lots)||$50|
|• Motorcycle Parking Decals||$25|
|• Non-Truman Students (ATSU, MACC & TLC)||$50|
Student Parking Decals (Resident & Commuter)
1. RESIDENT — Students residing on campus in Truman State University housing are issued GREEN Resident parking decals. If a student’s residency changes, the resident decal must be removed and returned to Parking Services prior to an off-campus or commuter decal being issued. Green Resident lots are strictly for the use of residence hall and apartment housing occupants. Parking in these lots is enforced 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
2. COMMUTER — Students commuting or living off-campus will be issued BLUE Commuter parking decals. If a student’s residency changes, the commuter decal must be removed and returned to Parking Services prior to a resident decal being issued. The Blue Commuter lots are enforced 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
3. PARK & SAVE — This GOLD parking decal is available at a considerable savings – $50. The Gold Park & Save parking decal is allowed to park in ONLY two parking lots located at the south end of campus. Those two lots are Stokes Stadium parking lot and the parking lot north of the tennis courts just off Florence Street. Individuals who purchase a GOLD parking decal may upgrade to a resident or commuter parking decal (dependent on residency per the guidelines listed above). The GOLD decal would need to be removed from the vehicle and returned to Parking Services and the difference of $80 will be assessed during the Fall semester. The upgrade price will be prorated as indicated by the schedule listed.
For More Information
Contact Rhiannon Turner, Parking Services & Fleet Manager—
Parking Services Hours for Decals:
7:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Mon.-Fri.